Iowa Board of Educational Examiners

News from the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners

Archive for December 2012

How do I renew my evaluator license?

The question often asked by practitioners who need to renew his/her administrator license and/or evaluator license is – How do I renew my evaluator license?

In fact, this popular question is posed quite frequently to consultants at the Board of Educational Examiners (BoEE) and the Department of Education (DE). As a point of reference for those seeking renewal, the BoEE is responsible for writing administrative rules and policies regarding the requirements for licensure renewals. The role of the DE in the evaluator approval process has been to provide the necessary course content, training, and support necessary for best practice in the evaluation of teachers and administrators. Please see the following BoEE and DE links regarding administrator/evaluator licensure:

Board of Educational Examiners
282—19.7 ( ) and 282—19.8 (
Department of Education

In light of the current conversations around changing the evaluation process, the BoEE and the DE have determined that practitioners must complete one (1) of the current evaluator renewal courses. The DE approved courses include: Assessing Academic Rigor or iEvaluate. Please be aware that renewal of an administrator license, with an evaluator endorsement, requires a total of four semester hours of renewal credit.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the following BoEE and DE staff members with questions about evaluator renewal.

  • Greg Horstmann ( or 515.281.3587) with questions about evaluator endorsement/license renewal.
  • Matt Ludwig ( or (515) 281-3750)with questions about approved evaluator courses and availability

Written by iowaboee

December 18, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

Update Personal Information

It’s time to check the demographics listed on the BOEE website regarding your educational license. Renewal reminders are sent electronically one year and two month before the expiration of the license. However, if an out of date email address is listed, then you won’t receive the reminder. The link on the website entitled “Update My Information” will bring you to
Please be aware that you can’t change your name online. You would have to submit legal documentation of a name change. Also, you can’t change your degrees online. Please submit the official transcripts.

Written by iowaboee

December 12, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Posted in Uncategorized