This information was also sent out last week via email to all licensees in our system who had a valid email address.
Please “like” the BoEE Facebook page to receive important updates: https://www.facebook.com/Iowa-Board-of-Educational-Examiners-142827892400782/
October is Connected Educator Month! The GTL Center is co-sponsoring the following events. Register to attend and encourage your colleagues to participate as well.
- Periscope Event: “Recruit, Select, and Support: School Leader Turnaround Competencies”— Follow @aaronbutler13 on Twitter and Periscope to participate on Thursday, October 22, at 2 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Twitter Chat: “Reimagining a Professional Teaching Career”— Join Emily Davis, a former classroom teacher and now a teaching ambassador at the U.S. Department of Education for a Twitter chat about how we might reimagine professional teaching careers to offer more challenging and rewarding experiences to career teachers. Join us on Monday, October 19, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time, using #ceTeachChat #ce15.
- Twitter Chat and Video: “Future-Ready: Connecting SEL and Employability Skills in the 21st Century Classroom”—Prior to the Twitter chat, watch this video that demonstrates the teaching of employability skills and then will complete a self-assessment tool to reflect on their own practices. Use the hashtag #ESchatCEM #ce15 to participate on Wednesday, October 21, from 7 to 9 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Twitter Chat: “Connecting Educators to SEL”—We invite all educators to participate in a Twitter chat about SEL (social and emotional learning) on Tuesday, October 13, at 8 p.m. Eastern Time, using #ceSELchat #ce15.
- Twitter Challenge: The “SEL-fie Twitter Challenge”—Tweet a “SEL-fie” of you, your colleagues, your students, or your school leaders working on, promoting, researching, or teaching SEL (social and emotional learning). And challenge your friends and colleagues to participate—everyone is welcome! The challenge will start following the Twitter chat on Tuesday, October 13, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time, and will end at midnight, Friday, October 16. Posts will be consolidated into a Storify and preserved after the challenge ends. Tweet your “SEL-fies” to @Education_AIR and don’t forget to use #ceSELfie15 #ce15.
National School Leadership Standards Map from @GTLCenter and @WallaceFdn Search all 50 states! http://bit.ly/1MiC3sE
New Online Tool: National School Leadership Standards Map (October 2015). Each state has professional leadership standards that communicate what principals should know and do to improve schools and student learning. With funding from The Wallace Foundation, we developed an interactive online map to quickly and easily locate information about school leadership standards in all 50 states. Explore how leadership standards have been adopted, adapted, and used by states to support principals, as well as how these policies change over time.
New materials from @GTLCenter shares #schoolturnaround leader competencies to benefit recruitment, selection & support: http://bit.ly/1k2UPO5
New Professional Learning Module: Recruit, Select, and Support: Turnaround Leader Competencies (October 2015). Leading a school turnaround is complex work; but research shows that there are specific competencies that school leaders need for successful turnaround efforts. Use this material to learn how to use these competencies to recruit, select, and provide ongoing support to school principals working in a turnaround context. The material was developed through a partnership among four organizations: The Center on Great Teachers and Leaders, The Center on School Turnaround, Public Impact, and University of Virginia (UVA) Darden/Curry Partnership for Leaders in Education.